Craving a sweet treat? Try out these chocolate peanut butter protein cookies. Made with our special-blend protein powder and other good-for-you ingredients, these cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth while helping your muscle recover. Whether you eat these for breakfast, dessert, or as a post-workout snack, these cookies are a good idea any time of the day.
If you give this recipe a try, we’d love to see! Let us know by taking a picture and tagging @naakbars on Instagram!
Recipe makes approximately 8-10 cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax (or chia seeds)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Näak chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, flax mixture, and vanilla extract until everything is evenly incorporated
- Add the baking soda, protein powder, and cocoa powder gradually while mixing the batter until well combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- At this point, the batter should be slightly sticky but not too mushy. If the batter is too wet, add a little more protein powder. If the batter is too stiff, add a splash of plant-based milk
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoon of the batter, roll into a ball, place on the prepared baking sheet, and flatten the ball with a fork
- Repeat the above step with the remaining dough
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges get hard
- Let cool and enjoy!