Do you recall the taste of your grandma banana bread? Try out this recipe of cricket powder banana bread.
- 3 large black bananas
- 75g vegetable oil or sunflower oil (weight), plus extra for greasing
- 100g brown sugar
- 200g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp Naak cricket powder
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with the oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, cricket flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add the dried fruit or nuts, if using.
- Bake in a greased, lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It's delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.