Our cricket powder brownie recipe is ideal for those who want to try baking with cricket powder but don't know where to start! Delicious, rich, and moist, this brownie is made from natural and healthier ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Näak cricket powder
- 1 cup cane sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix ground flax and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix flours, cricket powder, cocoa, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Heat the vegan margarine and 1/2 chocolate in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted. Stir well and whisk in the flax egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are combined properly. Add the remaining chocolate and fold in.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan, and place a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for 1 hour or until completely cool. If you do not let them cool enough, they will crumble.
- Serve and enjoy!