Impress your friends and family with this unique and deliciously healthy recipe of cricket powder mini pizza.
No Knead Crust:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour unbleached white or a combination of white and whole wheat
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- 2 tbsp Naak cricket powder
- Basil leaves
- Purple onions
- Yellow bell pepper
- Alfalfa sprouts
No Knead Crust:
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in.
- Add another 3 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp cricket flour and mix in.
- Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough..
- Add another tbsp flour if needed.
- Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands.
- Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval.
- Spread it depending on on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center (see video). Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 435°F / 220ºC.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust.
- Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms and olives evenly.
- Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
- Sprinkle salt over the veggies.
- Sprinkle meltable vegan cheese on the veggies if using at this point.
- Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Sprinkle vegan parm of choice, chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes.
- Slice and serve!