Impress your guests with this colorful and deliciously healthy recipe of cricket powder mini quiche.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups (300 grams) chickpea flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt (use 1-1/4 tsp if using table salt)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or hot sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp Naak cricket powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped lightly cooked vegetables OR finely chopped /shredded raw vegetables
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional, but really good)
- Herbs (fresh or dried) and spices of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Grease the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cricket flour, water, 3 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the vegetables (I used ⅔ cup chopped roasted peppers and ¾ cup steamed kale in the photos) and garlic.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Crack open the oven door to release steam.
- Close the door and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the quiches from the pan.
- Serve warm or let them cool completely before serving.