Impress your guests with this colorful and deliciously healthy recipe of cricket powder mini quiche.
For the essential batter:
- 2 ½ cups chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Näak cricket powder
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups chopped lightly cooked vegetables OR finely chopped/shredded raw vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Herbs and spices of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Grease the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin with oil.
- Add the flour, cricket flour, water, oil, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the vegetables (I used ⅔ cup chopped roasted peppers and ¾ cup steamed kale) and garlic.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups.
- Crack open the oven door to release steam. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Close the door and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until golden brown.
- Let everything cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the quiches from the pan.
- Serve warm or let them cool completely before serving.