This week we are welcoming the first week of May and celebrating Mother's Day! For the occasion, we created a delicious pancake recipe that is simple to make, and which will hopefully inspire some of you to prepare this delicious breakfast for your mother and give her the break she deserves! This Cricket Powder Pancake recipe is healthy, delicious, and full of nutrients... guilt-free pancakes, yay!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Näak cricket powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (you can replace the egg with flax and water)
- 1-2 banana, diced
- Toppings of your choice, picture here are strawberries, goji berries, and vegan whipped cream
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cricket powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the almond milk, oil, and egg in a medium bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients and whisk until just moistened (do not overmix).
- Add the banana to the better and gently fold it in.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook until the surface of the pancake has some bubbles and a few have burst. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside.
- Repeat the last step until you run out of batter.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!