Lacking inspiration for breakfast or want to change your habits? Näak offers you an easy to make pancake recipe to brighten up your breakfasts and/or snacks with cricket powder to provide you with sustainable energy. This Cricket Powder Pancake recipe is healthy, delicious, and full of nutrients... guilt-free pancakes, yay! This Cricket Powder Pancake recipe is healthy, delicious, and full of nutrients... guilt-free pancakes, yay!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Näak cricket powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (you can replace the egg with flax and water)
- 1-2 banana, diced
- Toppings of your choice, picture here are strawberries, goji berries, and vegan whipped cream
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cricket powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the almond milk, oil, and egg in a medium bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients and whisk until just moistened (do not overmix).
- Add the banana to the better and gently fold it in.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook until the surface of the pancake has some bubbles and a few have burst. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside.
- Repeat the last step until you run out of batter.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!