Potatoes rock! They can be eaten fried, baked, mashed, boiled, you name it! This week, we made delicious Cricket Powder Spicy Sweet Potato oven-baked fries. Our special ingredient (cricket powder) gives these potatoes a boost in protein, vitamin B12, iron and calcium... making them even more nutritious than they already are!
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into fries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Näak cricket powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the oil with the brown sugar, cricket powder, salt, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Add the spice mix to the sweet potatoes. Make sure you coat all the potatoes evenly.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!