This delicious recipe take about 30 minutes to make and it is perfect for having a boost of energy before your workouts. You can also impress your friends by proposing this homemade pizza during an aperitif or a summer dinner.
- Between 250-295g of all-purpose flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 2 tablespoons of cricket powder
- One and a half teaspoons of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 175ml of warm water
- You can add a pinch of garlic powder to spice up the crust!
- Mix one cup of flour (125g), the yeast, the sugar, the garlic powder, the cricket powder and the salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and the warm water. We suggest you use a wooden spoon because it is easier to stir.
- Gradually add another cup of flour. You can add any additional flour as needed, as long as the dough is manageable with your hands.
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
- Flour your hands lightly, form a ball of pizza dough and transfer it to your olive oil-coated bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated with olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 215°C so that it will have reached temperature once your pizza is ready to bake.
- Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead it briefly until it is smooth (about 3-5 times).
- Use your hands or a rolling pin to shape the dough into a circle.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined pizza pan.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of additional olive oil over the top of the pizza and use your pastry brush to brush the entire surface of the pizza.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the center of the pizza to prevent the dough from bubbling in the oven.
- Add desired toppings and bake for 13-15 minutes or until toppings are golden brown.
- Cut your pizza into slices and enjoy!
Notes : To add a boost of protein, you can use ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, arugula, mozzarella, and tofu.
If you try this recipe, we would love to see it. Let us know by taking a picture and tagging @naakbars on Instagram!