We can all agree that cookies are amazing, but do you know what is even better than regular cookies? Healthy cricket powder cookies! This week, we are sharing our recipe for delicious Cricket Powder Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies. This not-too-sweet treat is perfect after a workout to replenish you carbohydrate stores and give you a boost in protein for optimal muscle recovery.
- 1 ¼ rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Näak cricket powder
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak.
- Add the dry ingredients (rolled oats, flour, cricket powder, baking soda, brown sugar and salt) to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients (egg and melted coconut oil) to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients from the small mixing bowl to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly to create the cookie dough.
- Strain the raisins and add them to the rest the cookie dough. Fold them in.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the cookie dough into 8 round cookies. Place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Make sure the cookies golden brown and baked, but still soft on the inside.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Let them rest for 15 minutes.