Cricket powder is a great source of protein, and can be used in many alternative healthy recipes. We have created a simple recipe for delicious chocolate hazelnut cricket protein cookies (4.5g of protein per cookie)!
Recipe makes 8 cookies.
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 banana
- 1/8 cup sugar of your choice
- 3/8 cup Näak cricket powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Melted dark chocolate chips, and chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Blend hazelnuts and chocolate chips together in a food processor.
- Place the mixture in bowl, and add banana, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until blended.
- Add sugar, cricket powder, and cacao powder. Whisk again until smooth.
- Make golf size balls with the dough and place them on a greased baking sheet. Press the balls to make them flat using the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the sides of the cookies become golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down for 30 minutes.
- Decorate the cookies with melted dark chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts (optional).
- Place cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.