Refresh your summer with this cold and tasty cricket powder tomato soup full of protein.
- 1 28oz can whole tomoates
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Näak cricket powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot, over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the can of tomatoes, and 1 cup of water. Using the back of a wooden spoon, gently smash the tomatoes.
- Add cricket flour, dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil. Let soup simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Let the soup cool off for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend.
- Return soup to the pot and stir in coconut milk.
- Serve and enjoy!