This week we are taking you on a trip to Thailand with our delicious Cricket Powder Thai Curry Soup. Adding cricket powder to this spicy soup is the perfect way to increase your protein and B12 vitamin intake!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13oz can coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp Näak cricket powder
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3.5 oz rice vermicelli noodles
- Add the cooking oil to a large soup pot, and sauté the garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the red curry paste, sweet potato, chopped bok choy stalks, and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer until the potatoes are tender (5-10 minutes).
- Bring water to a boil in a different pot. Add the vermicelli noodles to the boiling water and boil until tender (2-3 minutes). Drain the noodles in a colander and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cricket powder to the soup.
- Add the bok choy leaves, and rice noodles to the pot, then serve.