Cricket powder is really easy to add to sauces and dips for an extra protein boost. Follow this recipe for a colorful and deliciously healthy cricket powder beet hummus.
- 1 15 oz. can cooked chickpeas
- 1 beet
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp Näak cricket powder
- Zest of a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stem and most of the root from your beet.
- Wrap the beet in foil and roast for one hour.
- Let the beet cold down, then peel, quarter it, and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for olive oil!) to your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!